martedì 6 giugno 2023

ProgJect Band and Bernardo Lanzetti

 


Last November, I got an email from drummer Jonathan Mover, founder of the ProgJect band, a unique project that brings together outstanding players interested in performing material of the historical Progressive Rock groups.

At the moment, about a dozen players take turns in the group and many of them can deliver good vocals too!

Now, my friend Mover was announcing an incoming tour in Europe and the UK and proposed me to be their lead singer on that occasion.

Certainly flattered and honored by the proposal, I responded to that email, asking informations on the repertoire that I already knew would exceed 3 and a half hours when performed live even though, of course, I was aware that not all songs were delivered on every tour so that each show, fortunately, is like a two hour set.

Here then, came the song list off the following groups:

King Crimson, Yes, Genesis (both P. Gabriel and P. Collins era), ELP, Jethro Tull, Gentle Giant, Peter Gabriel, UK, Pink Floyd and even Rush!

I asked for some time to deal with that massive repertoire, not only to check the matching vocal range, but also to see if I could work on my voice to enter the various worlds represented.

Finally, I prepared a list of about 20 pieces that I could best perform in a tour between the months of May and June just not to interfere with my previous commitments.

However, sometimes in March, Mover informed me that the European Tour was postponed to next year!!

It was very challenging but also fun to learn well-known songs but never sung before or even unknown to me.

Looking forward to 2024, I trust that my voice will hold and hope my memory will be her friend…

Bernardo Lanzetti






Nessun commento:

Posta un commento